You no longer have to ask a realtor.
A new interactive map on Holywell Properties’ Zealty website shows MLS sold prices soon after they are provided to the real estate board.
The licensed BC real estate brokerage says this is a first for a real estate website in the province, as realtors in Canada were previously not permitted to provide sold prices to clients on their websites.
This changed when a recent decision by the Supreme Court of Canada upheld the Competition Bureau’s ruling against the Toronto Real Estate Board.
As of today, Zealty contains up-to-date sold prices for all homes sold throughout the MLS systems of Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley, and Chilliwack.
The website provides a year’s worth of details on sold properties, as well as four years of MLS transaction history for all properties in the Lower Mainland.
Other features include property boundary lines for individual properties for sale, and when the settings are personalized the website offers neighbourhood-specific sales statistics, MLS transaction history, and recently-sold comparable properties.
Additionally, the interactive map also includes information on active MLS property listings across the entire province, details on public and independent schools, regional climate information, and the location of Agricultural Land Reserve tracts.
- See how hot Metro Vancouver's real estate is on this interactive map
- Google Street View comparisons show Vancouver's growing homelessness (PHOTOS)
- This map shows the average price of a home in every major Canadian city
- This is what Canada looks like when mapped with just its forests and trees (MAPS)
- These are the best buyers and sellers home markets across Canada