XY nightclub in downtown Vancouver’s Davie Village is on the market for a new owner.
Nightclub owner Jenn Mickey announced earlier this month both XY and 1181 Lounge will shutter its doors after New Year’s Eve due to unaffordable rents for the spaces.
“The financial reality is that there is no other path forward,” she continues. “After some tough conversations and much soul searching, I came to the difficult conclusion that this is the only option.”
However, since then, a listing for XY at 1216 Bute Street — located next to Jim Deva Plaza — has emerged online at RE/MAX’s Vancouver Restaurant Business Broker. The 4,500-sq-ft space has been listed for $599,000.
It will come with all of XY’s furnishings — a high-energy dance floor and theatrical performance space and an intimate lounge with adjoining patio, each with their own DJ booths.
The venue has a licensed capacity for 150 people indoors and 30 people on the outdoor patio.
Of course, there is no guarantee that a potential buyer would retain it as a gay nightclub.
At this time, there is no listing for Mickey’s other property at 1181.
– With files from Vincent Plana
- Two popular Vancouver LGBT bars closing after New Year's Eve
- Vancouver gay nightclub The Odyssey officially closes forever
- Relax: The Cobalt in East Van isn’t closing down forever
- Amsterdam offers Vancouver advice on ways to improve its nightlife
- City approves more patios, live music, extended hours for Granville Entertainment District