Environment Canada has issued a wind warning for parts of Metro Vancouver, calling for gusts up to 80 km/h on Friday
The wind warning applies to the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver, Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“A cold front over the North Coast will move southwards tonight and cross the Inner South Coast early Friday morning,” said Environment Canada in a statement.
“Southerly winds of 30 to 60 km/h ahead of the cold front will shift to west to northwest 40 to 60 km/h behind the system with some gusts reaching 80 km/h over western sections of Metro Vancouver near the Strait of Georgia.”
Winds are expected to calm by early Friday evening.
- See also: