For the first time ever in its 21-year history, the annual Burnaby Blues & Roots festival will span two days this year, taking place on the lawns of Deer Lake Park on August 7 and 8.
Although the festival usually just runs on a Saturday, this is the first year that the festival is running on both Friday and Saturday. Located right near City Hall in Burnaby, Burnaby Blues & Roots will feature three different stages, a market, and vendors to buy food, wine, and beer.
The outdoor, all-ages festival features so many fantastic artists, with Friday lead by Nashville songwriting legend, Steve Earle & The Dukes. Saturday will be headlined by five-time Grammy Award–winning singer, songwriter, performer, and producer, Brandi Carlile.
Other performers include St. Paul and The Broken Bones, Colter Wall, Black Pumas, Son Little, Amigo the Devil, Tonye Aganaba, and Jeremie Albino.
Gates open at 5 pm on Friday, so you can start the night early and enjoy the music against the backdrop of the setting sun. Music starts up again at noon on Saturday, and with plenty of lunch options and treats on offer, be ready to make this an all-day affair.
The Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival attracts crowds of over 5,000 people every year at Deer Lake Park, and tickets are currently available via Ticketmaster. However, you can win a pair of tickets just be entering the contest below!
To enter for your chance to win two tickets to the Burnaby Blues & Roots Festival at Deer Lake Park on August 7 and 8, 2020, do at least one of the following:
1. Follow Live Nation on Instagram – @livenationBC and leave a comment on the following IG post tagging which friend you would bring to the concert, alongside the hashtag #dhcontest (1 entry)
View this post on Instagram
- Win two tickets to @burnabyblues in Deer Lake Park on August 7 and 8, 2020, via @livenationwest & @DailyHiveVan RT to enter! #dhcontest
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on March 19, 2020. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter. Contest only available to Canadian residents outside of Quebec.
When: Friday, August 7 and Saturday, August 8
Time: Gates open at 5 pm on Friday and 12 pm on Saturday
Where: Deer Lake Park
- Single tickets: $40 for Friday night, $60 for Saturday night (plus service charges)
- Two-day pass: $80 (plus service charges)
- Four-pack tickets: $150 for Friday night, $200 for Saturday (plus service charges) and $300 (plus service charges) for the two-day four-pack