Christmas is over and for those of you with real Christmas trees here is a list of a few of the places you can recycle your trees in Metro Vancouver. For those of you with fake trees, you’ll probably leave it up for another month or so as we all know putting the tree back in the box isn’t as fun as putting the tree up.
Where to recycle Christmas tree in Vancouver
1. Lions Club Christmas Tree Recycling|January 7 – 8, 2011
- Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot (East Boulevard just north of 41st Ave)
- Kits Beach parking lot (Cornwall and Arbutus Street)
- For you downtown residents, Sunset Beach upper parking lot (Pacific Boulevard and Broughton Street)
- RONA Home and Garden Grandview Store (2727 East 12th Avenue, in the parking lot south of 12th Ave)
2. Christmas Tree Recycling at UBC Point Grey Campus
- Dates and Time: December 26 9:30 AM to Sun, January 8, 2012, 4:30 PM UBC Point Grey Campus
- Location: UBC Botanical Garden Entrance behind the Reception Centre building, at 6804 South West Marine Dr.
- Cost: Suggested $5 donation
3. City Recycling – Free Drop-Off Depots
- Vancouver South Transfer Station, Recycling Depot & Yard Trimmings Drop-off
- Location: 377 West Kent Avenue North
4. Curbside Recycling
- Until January 31, 2011
- Vancouver households with city yard trimmings collections can leave their trees curbside, but the trees must be unbagged and placed at least one metre from wheeled carts before 7am on collection day.
1. Burnaby Yard Waste Depot
- 4800 Still Creek Ave | Web
- Located next to the Recycling Depot. Free drop-off for Christmas trees.
2. City of Richmond curbside pickup Early January 2011 | Web
- Curbside pickup from single-family homes. Please cut and bundle the tree into the 3 feet x 2 feet size limit.
3. City of Richmond Recycling Depot5555 Lynas Lane | Web
4. EcowasteTriangle Road at the south foot of No. 6 Road | Web
Image by Ariane C Design