Update: As of 1 pm on Friday, Environment Canada ended their weather statement for Vancouver.
There’s a risk of thunderstorms to kick off your weekend, Vancouver.
On Friday morning, Environment Canada issued yet another special weather statement for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
According to forecasters, showers, wet flurries and the risk of thunderstorms with small hail are all possible over the South Coast today.
“A cool and very unsettled airmass has settled over the south coast this morning,” states Environment Canada. “Widespread showers will occur today along with the possibility of thunderstorms and small hail.”
Along with it, snow is also expected over higher terrain this morning with local snowfall accumulations of 2 to 4 cm are possible above 200 metres.
Looking at today’s weather, besides the risk of thunderstorm and rain the forecast, it’s going to be windy near the water in Vancouver with a high of 8°C. This evening, it will feel like 1°C, which means, winter coats back on.
Rain continues until Monday… but what else were we really expecting.
Welcome to spring, Vancouver.