It’s always nice to be able to call something your own and Watermark Beach Resort can do just that with their recent launch of their exclusive wine label in partnership with Orofino Vineyards.
The team has produced “Really Really Red”, a blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and “Whet Wet White”, a Chardonnay.
John Weber handcrafted the two wines with Watermark’s General Manager, Ingrid Jarrett, and their Wine Bar Manager, Simon Gillett. Their goal was to capture the hot summer days of the Similkameen Valley, and produce something that was exclusive to the property. Unlike Orofino’s infamous single varietal wines, Gillett and Jarrett chose a blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot after they enjoyed a barrel tasting at the vineyard.
The Really Really Red
- Blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot
- Was aged for 18-months in French Oak which is 6-months longer than is typical
- Has hints of blackberry and cassis
- It’s ideal for summer BBQs, or on a winter evening by the fire.
The Whet Wet White
- A Chardonnay with a modern twist
- Has notes of tropical fruit
- A subtle oak due to 50% of the grapes coming from a stainless steel cask rather than all of them being oaked
Don’t know about you but makes me want to escape to Okanagan all over again!