FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
The Vans Park Series is more than a gravity-defying skateboarding competition.
In addition to seeing some of the best park terrain skateboarders in the world perform at Hastings Skatepark Friday and Saturday, Vans will bring together the local community to experience the meaning of creative expression through art, music, and street culture.
Vans Park Series is presenting a number of on-site activations, as well as off-site activities, celebrating respected artists, musicians, filmmakers, and DJs who influence today’s street culture.
The best part? All events are free and open to the public.
Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about.
The Main Event: Vans Park Series – Hastings Skatepark, Vancouver
Friday, July 13:
- 12 pm: Global Qualifiers Prelims (practice for all semi-finalists immediately following)
- 3 pm: Semi-finals heats posted
- 7 pm: Practice ends
Saturday, July 14 (Live broadcast through Vans Park Series app):
- 10 am: Semi-finals practice
- 12 pm: Semi-finals
- 2 pm: Finals
Thursday, July 12:
- 8-10 pm: Evan Hecox, a collection of travel inspired paintings and prints (434 Columbia Street, Vancouver)
Friday, July 13:
- 6-9 pm: Get on Board Girls Skate Clinic in partnership with Antisocial (Strathcona skatepark, 889 Prior Street, Vancouver)
- 9 pm: Antisocial Back Alley Hang – BBQ, Pansy 2 video premiere, featuring Needs, Pins, Brutal Poodle (Antisocial Skateboard Shop, 2337 Main Street, Vancouver)
Saturday, July 14th:
- 10 pm: Van Park Series after-party at Fortune Night Club featuring DJ Crazy T, DJ Marvel, DJ Seko, Sailor Gerry (147 East Pender Street, Vancouver)
*Free with event wristband