Yet another wind warning is in effect for Metro Vancouver today.
Environment Canada is forecasting a “significant wind storm likely causing widespread damage,” with sustained southeast winds of 50 to 80 km/h blowing over much of the south coast this morning.
These winds are expected to increase to 70 to 90 km/h later this morning, with stronger gusts likely above 100 km/h by this afternoon.
The wind warning is in effect for the following areas:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
As of right now, all major ferry routes have been cancelled.
Stay safe out there, Vancouver.