As powerful winds continue to wallop Vancouver, BC Ferries has cancelled multiple ferry routes this morning.
Environment Canada has issued multiple weather alerts for BC on Thursday, including a wind warning for Metro Vancouver, heavy rain for the Fraser Valley, and a winter storm warning for the Coquihalla Highway.
All ferry routes to and from Vancouver Island have now been cancelled because of high winds. All mid-coast and northern routes have not been cancelled at this time.
As of 5:45 am PT, the cancellations are affecting the following routes:
- Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay
- Tsawwassen-Duke Point
- Tsawwassen-Southern Gulf Islands
- Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay
- Comox-Powell River
This is the third time this week high winds have forced the service to cancel sailings.
- Wind warning in effect for Metro Vancouver with gusts up to 100 km/h
- From flooding to wildfires, these are the top 10 Canadian weather stories of 2018
- Rare strong tornado rips roofs off homes near Seattle (PHOTOS)
- This website shows how close you are to the nearest white Christmas