Well the shortened work is over and now its time for the people of Vancouver to get out and enjoy the weekend. Lets hope that the weather cooperates. Here is a list of events going on around Vancouver:
Friday, November 14, 2008:
- Global Comedy Fest, Louis Ck: Louis is a standup comedian, actor, writer and director. I swear to god he is actually all those things.
Saturday, November 15, 2008:
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Maple Leafs: The Leafs are in town visiting our Vancouver Canucks. You know that there will be plenty of Leafs fans in attendance. Also the Canucks will be debuting their new 3rd Jerseys that night. Oh and make note this is a 4pm start because god forbid the people of Toronto have to watch a game at 10pm.
- B.C. Lions at Calgary Stampeders: Western Finals, need we say more. Go out to the local bars get drunk and cheer on the Lions as they kick some Stampeder ass.
- Urban Fare opens up, perhaps Burberry will follow suit as significant progress has been made in the past few days.
Sunday, November 16, 2008:
- Switchblade Valentines: Part of the Nearly Famous Music Festival, playing with Deadcats, The Hits and Rat Silo.
You stay classy Vancouver. Go Canucks Go!