The Special Weather Statement Environment Canada issued for Metro Vancouver yesterday afternoon remains in effect for today, August 1.
As of 5 am this morning, the weather statement is in effect for the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
The weather agency is calling for “an unseasonably strong Pacific front” which will bring heavy early August rainfall to parts of the province. The front will “tap into subtropical moisture which will amplify the front and help to enhance rainfall totals.”
The main area of rain is expected to move southward later this afternoon and into the evening, hitting Howe Sound, Whistler, and northern sections of Metro Vancouver.
While the front is expected to move out by Friday morning, showers are expected with the possibility of high wind gusts and thunderstorms.
Stay dry out there, Vancouver.
- 28 Vancouver companies currently hiring for nearly 500 positions in August
- 7 things to do in Vancouver today: Thursday, August 1
- People are freaking out about the launch of this ramen croissant in Vancouver (PHOTO)