Vancouver may find itself at the top of many different lists, but a new ranking from a national pest control company is less-than-complimentary.
In a new survey from Orkin, Vancouver was ranked the “rattiest” city in BC.
Close behind it in second place was Victoria, with Burnaby rounding out the top three.
- Bald eagle gets hole in one on BC golf course (VIDEO)
- Spotify Premium users can get a FREE Google Home Mini Speaker
- Cypress Hill will be playing a FREE show at Vancouver 4/20
Orkin said the cities were ranked “by the number of rodent (rat and mice) treatments the company performed from January 1 to December 31 of last year.”
This is the third year in the row Vancouver topped the pest control firm’s list.
The ranking includes both residential and commercial treatments.
The top 5 “rattiest” cities in the province are:
And here’s a look at Orkin’s top 20 list:
In light of the rankings, Orkin has also offered a few tips on just how to deal with / prevent recurring rodent run-ins:
- Close the Gap: Seal any cracks or holes in your foundation with weather-resistant sealant. Install weather stripping around windows and doors, as well as door sweeps.
- Trim the Trees: Landscaping can be a big-rodent attractant. Keep shrubbery cut back at least one meter from the exterior walls of your home to eliminate any hiding spots for rodents.
- Cut Off the Water: Eliminate any moisture sources, necessary for pests’ survival, such as clogged gutters or water gathering in trash or recycling bins.