As the tragic reality of Sunday night’s terror attack continues to send shockwaves across the country, Vancouver Police say there is no information linking the events in Quebec to Vancouver.
- Opinion: The night that terror came to Quebec
- Prime Minister Trudeau responds to terrorist attack on Quebec City mosque
- Terrorist attack at Quebec City mosque leaves 6 dead
- Trump reacts to Quebec City terror attack
- Vancouver vigil planned in response to Quebec City mosque attack
“There is no specific threat to Vancouver at this time,” VPD Const. Jason Doucette told Daily Hive. “We have security experts that are in regular communication with other local, national and international agencies to share information and strategies.”
As of Tuesday, he added, Canada’s threat level remains at “medium.”
Doucette noted that the VPD has a positive relationship with Vancouver’s Muslim community.
“We will remain in close communication with community leaders to ensure the community feels supported,” he furthered. “As always, we ask if a citizen sees something they consider suspicious, they report it immediately to their local police.”