The 2019 Vancouver Mural Festival is ready to end on a high note.
Besides all the new murals and art installations (which also mean plenty of photo-ops), attendees will be able to take part in a massive celebration to close out the fourth annual festival.
On Saturday, August 10, the Vancouver Mural Festival will host its ever-popular Mount Pleasant Street Party.
Festival-goers are encouraged to take part in more than 14 blocks of public art, family-friendly activities, culture, and community.
To get visitors excited for the festival’s grand finale, here are some of the highlights at this year’s street party:
Six licensed all-ages festival areas
The Vancouver Mural Festival has prepared six licensed all-ages areas across the festival footprint, including a fully-licensed area on Main Street between 12th and Broadway.
Four beer gardens featuring 25+ breweries
The street party will also feature four beer gardens featuring more than 25 breweries:
- The Granville Island Brewing Beer Garden (Main and 12th, next to the Main music stage)
- Grolsch Unpopped Music Lounge (Main and Broadway, next to the Broadway Stage)
- Collective Arts Brewing Beer Garden + Art Breakers Market (33 E.8th Parking Lot)
- Main Alley VCBW Beer Garden hosted by Westbank (Main Alley);
Plenty of art installations, new murals, and interactive activities
Visitors can find plenty of interactive activities at the party. In addition to more than 25 new murals and artists painting through the entirety of the party, the festival will feature:
- Live music
- A skate jam
- A “Four elements of Hip Hop” installation (featuring breaking, DJing, MCing, and Graffiti)
- A pop-up roller rink
- The Holden Courage Memorial Graffiti Jam
- Community painting and a Family Art Zone
- A public disco dance party
Not to mention, an abundance of markets, local vendors, and some of Vancouver’s best food trucks.
The Vancouver Mural Festival Street Party will take place on this Saturday from 12 to 7 pm and is free of charge.
When: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Time: 12 to 7 pm
Where: 14+ blocks surrounding Main & Broadway
Cost: Free of charge
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the 2019 Vancouver Mural Festival