FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Is there anything more boring and awful than your commute on a packed, sluggish-feeling SkyTrain car? No, no there is not.
- The Valley Haunt scares North Vancouver once again
- Chipotle is selling its burritos for just $3 on Halloween
- The 10 most popular costumes you'll see on Halloween this year
But this Halloween is here to turn that all around. The Halloween SkyTrain Party is back after a one-year hiatus in 2016.
Every Vancouverite is encouraged to wear their most outrageous costume! Funny, crazy, scary, whatever.
All you pay is exactly what you would for a normal SkyTrain ride. Pretty great deal. Enjoy your time, hang with friends, and trick-or-treat.
However, organizers are also asking attendees to be mindful of regular passengers and respect transit policies.
Here are some considerations:
1. Play Fare. We want to celebrate transit, so make sure you bring your Compass Card U-pass or buy a ticket.
2. Have fun, but be chill. Translink has noted concerns about people racing between trains at stops. This is a safety issue, so please try to respect that.
3. Smoking on the train – just don’t. It’s unfortunate that we actually have to say this, but every couple of years there’s someone who things they’re an exception to the rules. Seriously, don’t be that person. No smokes, joints, vaping, whatever. That’s for before you enter the station, or after you leave.
4. Be a good host. The train will stop at every station along our route, picking up people along the way. These are your halloween party guests! Invite them in to join in the fun.
5. Share the gratitude. If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event – and transit in general – runs smoothly. We’re grateful for that.
6. Help maintain the vibe. Let’s all look out for one another and keep a good thing going. If you see some who needs a hand with something, help ‘em out. And if you see someone horsing around in a way that runs contrary to the above – please ask ‘em to chill out, for everyone’s sake.
When: 8:00pm to 9:30pm. Friday, October 27, 2017
Where: The start location is, at the moment, a secret. But it will be revealed here soon!
Tickets: Free! It’s paid for by your SkyTrain fare.