The federal election is fast approaching, and while there’s no shortage of information out there on the parties, candidates, and campaigns, sometimes it helps to just have all the information in one place.
So, as you prepare to head to the polls on Monday, October 21, here’s a quick guide to help you make sure you know which riding you’re in and which candidate would best represent your voice in Ottawa.
- See also:
Where: Downtown Eastside, Chinatown, Strathcona, and Grandview-Woodland neighbourhoods.
- Jenny Kwan – NDP (incumbent)
- Kyle Demes – Liberal Party
- Chris Corsetti – Conservative Party
- Bridget Burns – Green Party
- Peter Marcus – Communist
- Anne Jamieson – Marxist-Leninist
Where: Marpole, Oakridge, Shaughnessy, South Cambie, Fairview, and Little Mountain neighbourhoods.
- Jody Wilson-Raybould – Independent (incumbent)
- Taleeb Noormohamed – Liberal Party
- Zach Segal – Conservative Party
- Yvonne Hanson – NDP
- Louise Boutin – Green Party
- Naomi Chocyk – People’s Party of Canada
Where: Basically anywhere in and around the city’s downtown core and its various neighbourhoods – including Coal Harbour, False Creek, and Stanley Park. It also extends into parts of Kitsilano (Arbutus Street and West 4th Avenue), as well as Mount Pleasant (East Second Avenue and Main Street).
- Hedy Fry – Liberal Party (incumbent)
- David Cavey – Conservative Party
- Breen Oulette – NDP
- Jesse Brown – Green Party
- Louise Kierans – People’s Party of Canada
- John Clarke – Libertarian
- Lily Bowman – Independent
- Imtiaz Popat – Independent
Where: University of British Columbia endowment lands, as well as the Dunbar and Southlands neighbourhoods. Parts of Kitsilano and Kerrisdale are in this riding as well.
- Joyce Murray – Liberal Party (incumbent)
- Kathleen Dixon – Conservative Party
- Leigh Kenny – NDP
- Geoff Wright –Green Party
- Sandra Filosof-Schipper – People’s Party of Canada
- Austen Erhardt – Independent
Where: Fraserview, Champlain Heights, Killarney, and South Vancouver.
- Harjit Sajjan – Liberal Party (incumbent)
- Wai Young – Conservative Party
- Sean McQuillan – NDP
- Judy Zaichkowsky – Green Party
- Alain Deng – People’s Party of Canada
Where: Collingwood and Renfrew Heights neighbourhoods, as well as Victoria, Knight, Fraser, and Main streets.
- Don Davies – NDP (incumbent)
- Tamara Taggart – Liberal Party
- Helen Quan – Conservative Party
- Lawrence Taylor – Green Party
- Ian Torn – People’s Party of Canada
- Kimball Cariou – Communist Party
- Donna Petersen – Marxist-Leninist Party
Need a little extra information on how exactly this whole election process plays out, and what you need to know before heading to the polls? Don’t forget to check out our voter’s guide.