Vancouver Farmers Markets has released a 2020 summer season update, and it looks like six of the markets will be opening as essential services.
The Riley Park, Trout Lake, Kitsilano, the West End, Mount Pleasant, and the Main St. Station Farmers Markets will be opening between May 2 and June 3, but things will look a little different.
In accordance with BC Public Health Officer Bonnie Henry’s orders, full physical distancing and safety measures will be in place for these markets.
- See also:
The Vancouver Farmers Markets will offer food only. There will be no crafts, flowers, or “non-food nursery items” available for purchase this season.
Also, there will not be any live music and folks will be asked to “shop, don’t stop,” meaning no eating will be permitted at these markets.
The first 30 minutes of each market day will be dedicated to seniors and those needing special assistance. This will be in effect at all six markets.
Here are more details about when each market is open.
- Riley Park: May 2 to October 24, 2020, 10 am to 2 pm, 30th Avenue and Ontario Street
- Trout Lake: May 2 to October 24, 2020, 9 am to 2 pm, 13th Avenue and Lakewood Drive
- Kitsilano: May 3 to October 25, 2020, 10 am to 2 pm, 10th Avenue and Larch Street (Kitsilano Community Centre)
- West End: May 23 to October 24, 2020, 10 am to 2 pm, 1100 Comox Street
- Mount Pleasant: May 24 to October 25, 2020, 10 am to 2 pm, 8th Avenue and Guelph Street (Dude Chilling Park)
- Main St. Station: June 3 to October 7, 2020. 2 to 6 pm, 1100 Station Street
Head here to find out more about the new measures amid COVID-19 at the Vancouver Farmers Markets this year.