FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Merry Christmas, everyone! After you’ve opened the presents, work off the turkey or Tofurkey by checking out our list of 7 things to do in Vancouver on December 25, from Christmas lights to the Vancouver Aquarium Scavenger Hunt.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day!!!)
- What: Take part in a self-guided scavenger hunt and enter to win one of three Behind-The-Scenes tours at Vancouver Aquarium. Staff have rounded up their favourite animals to create a scavenger hunt that’s fun and engaging for all ages. The Aquarium is open 365 days a year, including statutory holidays. So you can visit on Christmas morning if you want to.
- When: Monday, December 25 to Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Time: 7 to 8 pm
- Where: 845 Avison Way, Stanley Park
- Tickets: $39 for adults, $30 for students and seniors, $22 for children – Tickets available online
- What: The 20th Annual Winter Ice Palace is a winter wonderland at Cloverdale Arena. Find a time to skate across the old fashion pond. And yes, it’s open on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- When: Now to January 7, 2018
- Time: Various times
- Where: Cloverdale Ice Arena, 6090 176 Street, Surrey
- Admission: $4.50/person, $3.25 for skate rentals; $1.75 for helmet rentals. Free admission for Recreation Pass holders.
- What: This annual event features a majestic festival of illumination with more than 150,000 lights on display over three acres. Entry is by donation, with 100% of proceeds to the North Vancouver Firefighters Charitable Society.
- When: Now to Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Time: 5 pm to 9 pm daily
- Where: Park & Tilford Gardens – 333 Brooksbank Ave, North Vancouver
- Admission: By donation
- What: Stroll through a winter wonderland for some festive holiday spirit, featuring a gallery of beautifully-decorated Christmas trees. Visitors are encouraged to make a donation and bring a non-perishable food item to support our local food bank. After viewing the trees, vote for your favourite.
- When: Now to Monday, December 25, 2017
- Time: 11 am to 3 pm
- Where: Richmond City Hall Galleria – 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond
- Admission: Free
- What: Hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights will once again illuminate Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam as part of a magical display this holiday season. The outdoor display wraps its way entirely around Lafarge Lake, leading visitors on a 1.2-kilometre loop through 10 themed zones.
- When: Now to Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Time: Daily
- Where: Town Centre Park – 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
- Admission: Free
- What: Take a spin on Grouse Mountain’s 8,000 sq. ft. outdoor ice skating pond or zip down the multi-lane snow sliding zone. You can also take a Sleigh Ride through the mountain’s Winter Wonderland, meet Santa’s Reindeer, watch family Christmas movies, and write a letter to Santa. At Santa’s Workshop, believers young and old can share their special Christmas wishes and take a photo. Photos are by donation to BC Children’s Hospital.
- When: Now to Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Where: Grouse Mountain, North Vancouver
- Admission: Family Rate for Peak of Christmas festivities includes admission for 2 adults and 2 children/youth (under 18) for $89.95. All festive Peak of Christmas activities are complimentary with an Annual Local’s Pass, Y2Play or Winter Season Pass, as well as regular Alpine Experience tickets.