FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
Sun, January 31, 12:00pm
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Thu, February 11, 10:00am
The Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at UBC
Starts at $13.00
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
We’ve got that Friday Feeling and we know you do too! That’s why we’ve got a fun checklist of seven things to do today, including a VR Film Festival, Robin Hood burlesque and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: YVRFF kicks off on April 28 with an Opening Gala, followed by five Screening Sessions showcasing the final selection of Virtual Reality films from around the world on Day two. This immersive film-going experience will be a treat, not only for virtual reality enthusiasts and early adopters, but also for those new to the virtual reality experience.
- Where: CBC Studio – 700 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: April 28 to 29
- Tickets: Online, starting at $25
- What: With light, imaginative creations, Hocus Focus will lead you through a short form game of Kryptonite followed up with Family Quilts, a long form invented by the group itself. With special guests, Five by Five, the night will be packed full of laughs.
- Where: Little Mountain Gallery – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: April 28 at 10 pm
- Tickets: Online, $5
- What: Learn four types of diverse cultural dances in celebration of International Dance Day. The next day enjoy multicultural dance performance in celebration of Canada 150. Produced by Sudnya Dance Academy and Clarkson Events.
- Where: Aberdeen Centre – 4151 Hazelbridge Way, Richmond
- When: April 28 and 29
- Cost: Free
- What: An opportunity to mingle with technology and product leaders, as well as talented engineers. The meet-up event hosted by Realtor.com invites everyone to share their expertise and learn from the experience of others.
- Where: BrainStation HQ – 1110 Hamilton Street #410, Vancouver
- When: April 28 from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, Free
- What: A new spin on Robin Hood set to popular pop, rock and hip-hop songs of the past decade, and combining circus, burlesque and storytelling. Presented by Toofly Productions, Robin Hood: Prince of Tease reimagines the hero of Nottingham as a powerful, sensual woman caught up in the fight for her kingdom.
- Where: Performance Works, Granville Island – 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: April 28 to May 13, Wednesdays to Sundays at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online , $29 General, $25 Student/Senior
- What: Tropical house specialist Thomas Jack takes over Celebrities for a special open to close set.
- Where: Celebrities Nightclub – 1022 Davie Street, Vancouver
- When: April 28 from 10 pm to 3 am
- Tickets: Online, $25
- What: Vancouver triple-threat performer Mandy Rushton presents classics from the Great American Songbook, with Sean Allen on piano. She has traveled across Canada many times as well as coast to coast in the US and in Mexico. Mandy was also recently seen on FX’s LEGION.
- Where: Cottage Bistro – 4468 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: April 28 from 8 to 10 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $10