FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Start your summer with a night of laughter! Here is our comedy checklist from June 16 to 22, including stand-up, improv and storytelling.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The 11th Annual Laughter is the Best Medicine improvised-comedy show is just around the corner! This year, all profits will benefit the Overdose Prevention Society (OPS), whose peer-based services were offered in response to the fentanyl crisis affecting our community.
- Where: Steveston-London Secondary School – 6600 Williams Road, Richmond
- When: June 16 at 7 pm
- Tickets: $10, Reserve by emailing [email protected]
- What: Shakespeare After Dark is the highbrow fusion of Shakespeare served with a side of improvisational mischief. Featuring live swordplay from An Affair of Honour, live music from our improvising Shakespeare band, and more surprises.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: June 17 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Join humorist, radio contributor and New York Times bestselling author David Sedaris as he discusses one of the most anticipated books of 2017, Theft By Finding: Diaries (1977-2002). Book signing to follow.
- Where: Indigo Granville – 2505 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: June 20 at 7 pm
- Entry: Line-up will be available on a first-come, first-served basis
- What: Sara Schaefer is a critically acclaimed stand up comedian, writer, and producer currently based in Los Angeles. She was the co-host of MTV’s late night show Nikki & Sara Live, has appeared on @Midnight and Inside Amy Schumer, and won two Emmy awards for her work at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Her new digital series Woman Online debuted on Seriously.TV in February 2017.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street
- When: June 20 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $12
- What: Having been named one of Rolling Stone’s “50 Funniest People,” and Variety’s “Top 10 Comics To Watch,” Michael Che is quickly leaving his mark on the media landscape. Che is currently the co-anchor of Saturday Night Live’s iconic “Weekend Update” segment where he is also a staff writer for the show. He also recently released his first hour-long stand-up special on Netflix.
- Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: June 22 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25