Two dogs dead after being poisoned in popular Metro Vancouver park

Oct 19 2018, 5:26 pm

Two dogs have been poisoned in a North Vancouver Park, and RCMP believes there could be a third.

Joan Stewart-Gay said her nine-year-old golden retriever Clooney ate a poisonous substance in Cates Park on Thanksgiving Sunday. The senior pooch died a day later.

“I am beyond heartbroken,” wrote¬†Stewart-Gay in a Facebook post.

Sgt. Doug Trousdell with the North Vancouver RCMP confirmed with Daily Hive that two dogs were poisoned in Cates Park. “We are also aware of a third dog being poisoned,” he said.

The Deep Cove park is popular with dog owners, and dogs are allowed on leash on several of the trails.

Trousdell said that the cause of poisoning is most likely “poisonous mushrooms” but police are “open to other possibilities.”

The North Vancouver RCMP does have an open file on the case but Trousdell says that it is working with the city’s parks department and the BC SPCA to investigate the incidents further.

See also
Simran SinghSimran Singh

+ News
+ Pets & Animals