FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
The 12th annual Tulips of the Valley Festival makes its return to Chilliwack for the 2018 season.
Much to the joy of festival fans everywhere, they’ll be opening two weeks earlier than normal, just in time for Easter weekend.
The gorgeous display of flowers will showcase 20 acres of tulips, over seven million bulbs, two acres of hyacinths, and three acres of “peony” daffodils.
New to the festival this year in addition to the five acres of flowers are:
- Flower mosaics on display throughout the festival, made out of hyacinth blooms
- Fairy doors spread out among the flowers
- A “World Friendship” tulip display and a “Canada 150” tulip display
- A giant tulip display (10 ceramic 6′ tulips)
- Activities for kids on weekdays and weekends.
The festival also features returning features like a windmill, old-fashioned bike, a Stroopwafel Stand, multiple food trucks, and an on-site store to purchase fresh flowers.
Tulips of the Valley starts on Thursday, March 28 and will run for at least three weeks through April, sometimes into May, depending on the weather. Ticket sales and prices have yet to be launched, though you can register for information on sales online.
When: Starting Thursday, March 28
Time: Weekdays from 10 am to 6 pm, Weekends from 9 am to 6 pm
Where: 41310 Yale Road, Chilliwack
Tickets: Available online.