TransLink has announced boosted transit service and extended hours during the 2018 Celebration of Light.
Coverage will be amplified in the evenings of July 28, August 1, and August 4, to ensure that everyone can safely commute to and from the fireworks.
Many bus routes will include extra trips to downtown Vancouver after 6:30 pm, as well as additional service after the event.
Some downtown and West End buses, however, will be detoured. A full list of detours can be found on their the TransLink website.
SkyTrain service will undergo the following changes:
- Expo and Millenium line trains will run more frequently throughout the evening, with the last scheduled train leaving Waterfront at 1:16 am
- The Canada Line will experience rush-hour level service all evening; the last train for Richmond-Brighouse Station leaves at 1:15 am
- Bikes will not be allowed on the SkyTrain after 10 pm on event days. Passengers with bikes will only be able to board after the crowds clear
The SeaBus will run as follows:
- From 10 am to 8 pm, the SeaBus will run every 10 minutes
- From 8 pm to midnight, every 15 minutes
- From midnight until the last sailing at 1:22 am, the SeaBus will leave every half hour
The West Coast Express will have a special train service on Saturday, August 4, leaving from Mission at 7 pm and arriving at Waterfront at 8:15 pm.
Some transit stations will also have modified access to ensure crowds are moving smoothly.
Customers are encouraged to plan ahead for their trips and top up Compass Cards beforehand to avoid lineups.
TransLink also reminds riders that they can use their Visa, Mastercard, or Apple Pay as an alternate method of payment.
The first day of the 2018 Celebration of light is this Saturday, July 28.