Toys “R” Us Canada currently has an epic job opening that allows you to play with toys all day.
The catch is, only kids can apply.
The toy giant is searching for a Chief Play Officer (CPO), who will be in charge of recommending the hottest toys and trends to parents and gift-givers across the country.
The job opening comes as Toys “R” Us Canada’s current CPO, Émile Burbidge, is planning his retirement so he can focus on high school.
“My experience being the Chief Play Officer for Toys “R” Us Canada can be summed up in three words…dream come true,” said Burbidge, in a release.
“I’ve had an awesome time travelling all over Canada to cities like Vancouver and Ottawa and talking and playing with the newest and best toys. It’s now time to pass the toy box over to the newest CPO and I can’t wait to get the search started. For kids who love to play this is an opportunity not to be missed.”
To apply for the best job ever, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Contestants must be between 10 and 12 years of age at the time of entry.
- To excel in the role of CPO, kids must enjoy speaking in front of a camera or a group, be energetic and outgoing, and have a talent for sharing what they love about toys.
- During the video (up to two minutes), contestants must show why they should be Toys “R” Us Canada’s next Chief Play Officer and highlight their favourite toy, game or gadget and what makes it so great.
- If a contestant is bilingual they are encouraged to show off their skills in both English and French.
- All eligible videos will be evaluated based on originality, creativity and enthusiasm.
Parents and guardians are asked to visit August 21, 2018.to review the and submit a video before
“Toys “R” Us Canada is here to play and here to stay, and as part of this commitment we are excited to announce that we are hiring our next Chief Play Officer,” said Melanie Teed-Murch, President, Toys “R” Us Canada, in a release.
“This is one of the most exciting positions in our company because there is no better way for us to know our consumers and Canadian children than to have one as a trusted advisor. “
Up to 10 finalists will have the opportunity to travel to Toronto to meet the Toys “R” Us team and take part in an interview and live audition. The top finalist will be named Toys “R” Us Canada’s next Chief Play Officer and awarded a one-year contract that will begin in January 2019.