Tim Hortons is getting a new points-based rewards program
If you’re a ride-or-die Tim Hortons fan, get ready to cash in on free treats.
The company has officially announced the expansion of its loyalty program to a point-based system.
In a statement, Tim Hortons says the new program will roll out on February 26 to provide customers with “greater choice.”
“All members will earn 10 points per eligible transaction and unlock exciting new levels of rewards starting at just 50 points,” said the company.
Members will be able to cash in their points for the following items:
- 50 points: hash browns, classic donuts, specialty donuts, cookies
- 70 points: brewed coffee, tea, Dream Donuts, bagels and baked goods
- 100 points: hot chocolate, French vanilla, iced coffee, wedges
- 140 points: Classic Iced Capp, frozen beverages, espresso drinks, box of 10 Timbits, yogurt, oatmeal
- 180 points: breakfast sandwiches, soups
- 220 points: BELT, farmers breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, chili
Unregistered members simply need to link their card number with their email on the Tim Hortons app or at timhortons.ca/signup to unlock expanded access to the menu.
On the app or online, members will be able to choose a rewards level to earn points towards or they can simply bank their points and save them for up to a year.
To sweeten the deal, there will also be extra benefits up for grabs. Members who have a digital card or link their physical card through the app or online will be eligible for these deals, starting with a promotion to earn 2x the points from February 26 to March 18 and will also be able to receive a reward on their birthday.
Tim Hortons launched its rewards program in March 2019.