It would appear that Tim Hortons has fully boarded the veggie-train.
Only a short time after the roll-out of Beyond Meat breakfast options hit stores across Canada, the company has added another plant-based option to its menu.
Actually, it’s added two.
The new Beyond Meat Burgers available at Tims will come in original and BBQ flavours, and will serve as a substantial later-day meal for those who are veg-forward.
Plain buns with tomato and lettuce, no more!
“Following the success of the Beyond Meat Breakfast Sandwich launch, we wanted to partner with Tim Hortons to offer Canadians a delicious plant-based lunch and dinner option,” said Ethan Brown, founder and CEO of Beyond Meat in a release.
- Tim Hortons to open first-ever 'innovation café' in Toronto this month
- Tim Hortons releasing doughnut created by Special Olympics athlete
- 'Starbucks Delivers' is officially launching across Canada this summer
Now available at nearly 4,000 restaurants across the country, the Beyond Meat Burger was developed to taste like a beef burger.
As the preparation of the burger patty is similar to the plant-based breakfast patties the eatery recently introduced, this is the first time the restaurant is able to serve a burger.
These are the details of the options you can choose between:
- The Beyond Burger features Beyond Meat’s 100% plant-based patty and is topped with processed cheese, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise on a sesame seed bun. Priced at about $5.69, the cost will vary by region.
- The BBQ Beyond Burger is made with the Beyond Meat patty, topped with processed cheese, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, BBQ sauce and mayonnaise. Priced at about $5.69, the cost will vary by region for this sandwich, as well.