Tuesday snuck up on us pretty quickly, eh? Before you know it, you’ll be kicking back and gearing up for a sweltering summer weekend, we promise.
Until then, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from taking your chances with The Tragically Hip to soaking up slow-tempo yoga on dub.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This will likely be The Tragically Hip’s final tour, after the devastating news of Gord Downie’s terminal cancer. Of course, tickets are sold out, but there’s still a chance to get to see the band through the The Tragically Hip’s online lottery for fans.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 26 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Enter the lottery at thehip.com (or pay scalpers thousands of dollars…)
- What: A treat for soccer fans – get close to the action at this open practice session with the Vancouver Whitecaps. You’ll get an exclusive look at how the pros train, plus the chance to win Sport Chek gift cards and autographed Whitecaps merch.
- Where: Swangard Stadium – 3883 Imperial Street, Burnaby
- When: Tuesday, July 26, from 10 am to noon
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Director Chaitanya Tamhane’s impressive and award-winning debut flays alive India’s justice system while commenting on class, education and access to power. It’s being shown as part of the Vancouver Foreign Film Society schedule.
- Where: The Cinémathèque – 1131 Howe Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 26, doors at 7:50 pm, movie at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10 for society members, $13 for non-members
- What: Plan Z Theatre presents this Canadian play set in Newfoundland in 1926, the tale of charming Jacob Mercer, who has set out to win back his sweetheart, Mary. But she’s not about to be won over all that easily.
- Where: Pacific Theatre – 1440 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Preview on Tuesday, July 26, at 8 pm; regular show will run Wednesday, July 27 through Sunday, July 31.
- Tickets: On BrownPaperTickets, $10 for preview night, $20 for regular show
- What: An evening of kemetic yoga with live accompaniment from Jamaican reggae singer Jah9 and her band, the Dub Treatment, plus some of the best vegan food in the city and a steam chalice station.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 26, from 7 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $40