Yes, the hump has returned. Wednesday is here. And it’s still raining. We wouldn’t blame you for hunkering down indoors on a day like today.
But there’s still so much going on in the city. Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from Hannah Georgas to Portuguese fado.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Vancouver favourite Hannah Georgas returns with her first official headlining gig since the release of her album, For Evelyn, layered with catchy beats, Georgas’ melodic voice, and lyrics that resonate.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 2, doors at 8 pm, show at 9:30 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25
- What: An evening dedicated to ocean-friendly seafood for Ocean Wise Month, co-presented with the Vancouver Aquarium. Mingle with other foodies, and hear speakers on the theme: From Boat to Table—the Sustainable Seafood Supply Chain.
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 2, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20
- What: West Point Cycles popular indoor spin classes allow you to ride your own bike on brand new CycleOps SuperMagneto Pro Trainers, so you can enjoy the comfort of your personal set up and get fit in the exact position you use outdoors.
- Where: West Point Cycles – 215 East 2nd Avenue, Vancouver
- When: From November 2 to December 17; Monday to Friday at 6:30 pm, Saturdays at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: $20 on Eventbrite
- What: Join beekeeper Lianne Shyry of Two Bees Apiary for a two-hour intro to the basics of beekeeping in the city. You’ll learn what you’ll need to start out, and leave with enough knowledge to get started as a backyard beekeeper!
- Where: Homestead Junction – 649 E Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 2, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25
- What: With her vibrant, soulful voice, Mariza is the undisputed queen of the Portuguese art form, fado. Steeped in the sounds of the tavernas, yet still modern and contemporary, this will be a must-see performance from an astonishing talent.
- Where: Chan Shun Concert Hall – 6265 Crescent Rd, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 2, at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $62-$122