It’s Tuesday! Sure the rain looks like it’s here to stay, and the world is still a worrying place, but there’s plenty going on in the city to distract us.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from Gilmore Girls trivia to the Ryan and Amy Show.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: How better to celebrate the new Gilmore Girls season and mark this monumental event in history than by enjoying a Gilmore Girls trivia night? Teams of up to six are allowed and there’ll be prizes for best costume too.
- Where: The Pint Public House – 455 Abbott St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 22, from 8 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $6
- What: The last Nerd Nite of the year is all about Asteroids, Volcanoes, and the Future of Money. Speakers are volcanologist Lucy Poritt, planetary geophysics professor Catherine Johnson, and marketing and behavioural science expert Meena Sandhu.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 22, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $7-$15
- What: The 2017 Vancouver Police Dogs Calendar is now on sale and on Tuesday, you’ll be able to meet the calendar’s cute canines at a sidewalk sale in downtown Vancouver. Stop by, meet the dogs and their handlers and pick up a calendar!
- Where: Corner of Granville and Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 22, from 7 to 11 am
- Admission: Meet the dogs for free, buy the calendar for $15
- What: The City has developed a design for the 10th Avenue Corridor from Oak Street to Cambie Street, Quebec Street to Guelph Street, and Commercial Drive to Victoria Drive. See the design and tell the City what you think about it at this open house.
- Where: Blusson Spinal Care Centre – 818 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 22, from 4 to 7 pm; drop in anytime
- Info: vancouver.ca
- What: Sketch comedy princesses Ryan Steele and Amy Goodmurphy are back! They cordially invite you to come check out their hilarious live show with brand new sketches and digital shorts.
- Where: XY – 1216 Bute Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 22, from 8 to 9:30 pm; plus another show on Thursday
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10