Well, it’s Tuesday. Yes, it’s been a week and Donald Trump is somehow still the US president-elect. On top of that, hump day is looming.
But let’s see if we can’t cheer you up. So, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a secret pop-up show to a blockbuster musical!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: American power pop group the Posies are back, once again playing a series of pop up shows in secret locations across Canada. None of these shows will be in clubs or bars, instead, all the venues are cool, unlikely places in the city.
- Where: Secret location to be revealed to ticketholders the day before the show.
- When: Tuesday, November 15, doors 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $30-$100
- What: In celebration of Executive Chef Andrew Richardson’s debut cookbook, CinCin: Wood-Fired Cucina, coinciding with the restaurant’s annual Mushroom and Truffle Festival, this book launch and dinner promises to be a spectacular fall tasting of flavours, flights, and funghetti.
- Where: CinCin Ristorante – 1154 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 15, at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: $225, from Barbara-Jo’s Books to Cooks. Call 604-688-6755.
- What: Two of BC’s top universities clash at Cafe Deux Soleils when UBC Improv takes on Trinity Western’s 11:07 in University Wars IV! Vancouver Improv Fight Club is presented by The Fictionals, with the winner decided by audience votes.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 15, at 8 pm
- Tickets: $7 or $5 for students, on the door
- What: A special screening of A New Economy, which explores what would happen if working together for the good of all was the most common business model, following several companies that are putting humanity before the bottom line.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 15, doors 6:30 pm, movie 7 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10
- What: After a seven-year hiatus, acclaimed North Vancouver theatre company URP is back with Tony award-winning blockbuster RENT, which follows a group of impoverished artists over a year, set in Manhattan’s East Village.
- Where: Centennial Theatre – 2300 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver
- When: Preview is on Tuesday, November 15, then regular performances through Sunday, November 20; show starts 8 pm
- Tickets: From Centennial Theatre, $28-$44