5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, September 12
Sep 10 2016, 6:28 am
FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Somehow, it’s Monday again. Also, if we make it to the end of this week, we’ll be halfway through September. We’re baffled, frankly.
But – deep breath – it’s going to be OK. We’ll keep busy. So, here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from a Space Hippo to a Greasy Spoon.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Presented as part of Vancouver Fringe Festival, this is a hilarious and epic science fiction puppet show, telling the tale of Space Hippo, who sails across the universe to stop the Sun and help save the planet Earth.
- Where: Waterfront Theatre – 1412 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 12 at 5 pm, more performances through Sunday, September 18
- Tickets: From Vancouver Fringe Festival, $11
Mix Tapes Info Session
- What: Fancy trying some roller derby, but not sure where to start? This info session will tell you everything you need to know about Terminal City Roller Girls’ new training program The Mix Tapes. All abilities welcome.
- Where: The Astoria Pub – 769 E. Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 12, from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Info: On Facebook, totally free to attend
The Roast and Deportation of Mark O’Keefe
- What: Irish comedian Mark O’Keefe is being “deported” from Canada in November – so his fellow comedians are gathering to insult and say goodbye to him. The lineup of people gagging to get him out of here include Jonny Paul, Mark Nesbitt, and more
- Where: Yagger’s Kits – 2884 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 12, doors at 8:30 pm, show at 9 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $5, extra donations welcomed, money raised goes to paying for Mark O’Keefe’s flights, “to ensure a smooth extradition process.”
- What: American rap artist Action Bronson is famous for his hilariously irreverent and often food-based lyrics, a burgeoning master of the microphone.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 12, doors at 8 pm, show at 9:30 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, $40
Greasy Spoon Vol. 19
- What: An evening affair that will defy your preconceptions of diner food! This time, The Greasy Spoon Diner pairs Jackie Ellis of Beaucoup Bakery and her chosen kitchen team, with a front of house team of people from all over Vancouver. They’ll fuse together fine dining and diner food to deliver a four-course meal to remember.
- Where: Save On Meats – 43 W Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 12, from 5:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $95