It’s Monday and you’re about to face an onslaught of Halloween plan making. But if you want something else to do, at least for now, we’ve got your back.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from Simpsons trivia to a beer dinner.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: 50 cromulent questions from seasons 1-9, three classic Simpsons episodes, and probably the most fun you’ll have on a Monday. Form a team to test your knowledge and whispering skills! Be early or Truant! Truant! Truant they’ll all say!
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 24, from 7 to 11 pm
- Register: On Facebook, $5 at the door, maximum 6 players per team
- What: This popular Vancouver speaker series is hosting three powerful speakers who will share their journeys in mentorship – how powerful mentorship is for building wealth, the mindset needed to succeed and how to shift our narratives around money.
- Where: Beaumont Studio – 326 West 5th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 24 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Available on Eventbrite at $30 early bird admission, $40 regular.
- What: The unbelievable true story of the kidnapping of debonair film director Shin Sang-ok and glamorous actress Choi Eun-hee by late North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il, as he embarks on a bizarre filmmaking project in which both of them star.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 24 at 5 pm; more screenings through Thursday
- Tickets: Available from VIFF, $12 adults, $10 students
- What: Bike To Work Week is back for fall in Vancouver, offering free coffee, snacks, and bike repairs at over 40 celebration stations along bike routes. Also on offer is a prize trip for two to Amsterdam on KLM.
- Where: Bike routes all over Vancouver
- When: From Monday, October 24 through Friday, October 28
- Register: At HUB, totally free
- What: Join Deep Cove Brewers & Distillers Head Brewer Brett Jamieson for a four-course, long table, beer pairing dinner, of Vichyssoise, Autumn Salad, Beef Tenderloin, and A Bread Affair Pudding, plus four different Deep Cove ales.
- Where: Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers – 2270 Dollarton Highway #170, North Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 24, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: Available on Eventbrite, $55