FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Who likes Mondays? Your weekend of basking in the sun is done and it’s all about just trying to make it through the day, right?
Whatever the weather, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from partying with pride to flatsharing with vampires.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Monday marks the official start of Pride Week in Vancouver. But instead of holding a Pride Launch at City Hall, this year the City is kicking off events at the new Jim Deva Plaza, named after the LGBTQ community leader who died two years ago.
- Where: Jim Deva Plaza – Davie Street at Bute Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 25, from 11:30 am to noon
- More info: vancouver.ca
- What: Monday is also the birthday of one of Vancouver’s favourite comedians, Ryan Williams. One of Western Canada’s most exciting new comics, he is a regular at Yagger’s and is back for another show, with a whole host of handpicked sidekicks.
- Where: Yagger’s – 2884 W Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 25, doors at 8:30 pm, show starts at 9 pm
- Tickets: $5 on the door
- What: Showing as part of a VIFF series entitled B&W By Design: Monochrome Movies in the Colour Era, this was director Christopher Nolan’s first film. Telling the story of blocked writer Bill who follows around burglar Cobb, the denouement involves two double crosses, a femme fatale, a murder and a crowning triple cross.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 25, at 8:20 pm
- Tickets: On VIFF, $12 full price, $10 for students
- What: Vancouver pianist, writer and vagabond Adam Farnsworth plays piano every Monday night at WISE Hall. A special night of music, guests and free Golden T.
- Where: The Wise Hall & Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 25, at 8 pm
- What: Flight of the Conchords’ Jemaine Clement writes and stars in this bloody hilarious tale about a documentary team that follows the domestic lives of a group of New Zealand vampires for a few months.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 25, doors 6:45 pm, movie 7:15 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $12 on the door, $10 in advance