Tuesdays. Not quite Monday, not quite hump day. Never fear, this day that lacks any significant identifier is a little less bland thanks to this list of five things to do in the city today.
For a full list of events, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Evo Summer Cinema is back at it again this year with outdoor movies every Tuesday until August 25. Today’s movie is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- When: Tuesday, July 21; 8 to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Ceperley Meadows – Second Beach, Stanley Park, Vancouver
- What: A free screening of the DOXA Documentary Film Festival hit Hip Hop-eration, about a group of elderly New Zealanders who set their sights on competing in a hip hop competition in Las Vegas.
- When: Tuesday, July 21; 9 to 10:30 p.m
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- What: Every Tuesday, Colin Sharp and James Kennedy present a showcase of the finest comedians In Vancouver. For only $5 you can catch comedians you’ve seen on HBO, Just For Laughs, on tour at comedy clubs across the country.
- When: Tuesday, July 21; 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: The Kings Head – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- What: On tour in July, the acclaimed Choir of Selwyn College, Cambridge is coming to Vancouver.The tour coincides with the release of their latest CD, featuring choral works by Paul Mealor, Eric Whitacre, Cecilia McDowall, and Morten Lauridsen.
- When: Tuesday, July 21; 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Where: St. James Anglican Church – 303 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
- What: Four course menu curated by Chef Reuben Major of Belgard Kitchen complemented by Postmark Brewing’s best brews.
- When: Tuesday, July 21; starts at 7 p.m.
- Where: Belgard Kitchen – 55 Dunlevy Avenue, Vancouver