FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Sat, November 14, 7:00pm
Norah Dawn Holtby
Starts at $15.00
From Weezer to yoga, there’s plenty to do around Vancouver. Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Thursday, July 28.
- What: Playing as part of the Enchanted Evenings Concert Series, Van Django offer a clever mix of contemporary standards, classical ditties, rock homages and solid originals, effortlessly whipping the audience into a joyful frenzy.
- Where: Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden – 578 Carrall Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 28, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: At Eventbrite, $20-$50
- What: In partnership with the French Consulate General in Vancouver, the Canadian International Council (CIC) Vancouver Branch presents this panel discussion on the consequences – and future – of Britain’s decision to leave the European Union.
- Where: St. Regis Bar & Grill, Regis Room – 608 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 28, at 5 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $6 full price, $3 for CIC members, free for CBC student members
- What: Part of the Cultic Research Video Series, a video night that explores the effects of brainwashing lunacy. This week, take a trip into the weird world of Christian scare films, Hollywood horror movies, daytime TV talk shows…and heavy metal!
- Where: Unit/Pitt Projects – 236 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 28, from 8 to 10 pm
- More info: On Facebook
- What: Burnaby gets a double dose of hipster fun when Weezer and Panic! At The Disco take over Deer Lake Park on July 28. Rivers Cuomo and the rest of Weezer are still going strong, having released another self-titled album (their fourth) in April. Panic!, however, is more of a one-man operation these days with singer Brandon Urie being the only “official” member of the group.
- Where: Deer Lake Park – 6450 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
- When: Thursday, July 28 at 5 pm
- Tickets: Available online for $55. All ages
- What: Get out your yoga mats and put away your wallets, free yoga is back for another year! Two sessions, twice a day, seven days a week. All abilities welcome.
- Where: Dude Chilling Park – 2390 Brunswick Street, Vancouver
- When: Now until fall; from 10 to 11:15 am and 6 to 7:15 pm