FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Sun, December 20, 2:00pm
It’s the weekend and it’s time to celebrate.
Here are 20 things to do in Vancouver this weekend, October 1 and 2.
Saturday, October 1
- What: Enjoy a day of family fun at Kits Point tomorrow for the third annual Water’s Edge Day celebration. The all-ages event will feature a variety of free activities such as kayaking and dragon boat sessions, crafts, and music and entertainment acts throughout the day.
- When: Saturday, October 1 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Where: Kits Point
- Admission: Free
- What: The G3 Genuine Guide Gear Factory Sale in Burnaby will see price cuts of 25 to 40% off of gear like skis, splitboards, bindings, climbing skins, demos, refurbished gear, gear with cosmetic blemishes, and one-offs.
- Where: G3 Genuine Guide Gear – 3771 Marine Way, Burnaby
- When: Saturday, October 1; 10 am to 3 pm
- What: The biggest LEGO event to ever hit Canada is set for Vancouver this September. Taking place September 30 to October 2 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, the interactive event is a must-see for brightly coloured brick enthusiasts.
- When: Friday, September 30 to Sunday, October 2.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre (1055 Canada Place, Vancouver)
- Tickets: Available online.
- What: One of Vancouver’s sweetest spots is having a birthday, and everyone is invited to their party. BETA5 is marking their fifth anniversary with an in-store celebration on Saturday, October 1.
- When: October 1, 2016 from 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: 413 Industrial Avenue, Vancouver
- What: Vancouver is world-renowned for its thriving arts and culture scene. And this weekend, you’ll have the chance to explore our amazing community – for free. That’s all thanks to Culture Days, an annual celebration of arts and culture across Canada, which will feature over 60 free events right here in Metro Vancouver.
- When: Friday, September 30 to Sunday, October 2
- Where: Various locations.
- What: Break out the lederhosen, it’s time for Oktoberfest, and Harvest Haus has quickly become one of Vancouver’s top draws. Over the course of two weekends, Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza will be transformed into the West Coast’s largest Germanic-inspired cultural harvest festival.
- When: September 29 to October 1 and October 7 and 8 (times vary for seatings and events)
- Where: Under the Harvest Haus Halle at Queen Elizabeth Plaza (West Georgia Street at Hamilton Street)
- Tickets: $25 to $275; available online
- What: The classic film It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will be shown on a loop for nine hours straight at the Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm on October 1 to celebrate the movie’s 50th anniversary.
- When: Saturday, October 1
- Time: 11 am to 8 pm
- Where: Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch – 41905 Yale Road, Chilliwack
- What: A Yoga Expo is is set to hit the Convention Centre. This is (surprisingly) the first time the Yoga Expo has come to Vancouver, and it seems there’s a great lineup for those who loves to stretch and align their chakras.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, October 1 to Sunday, October 2; 10 am to 6 pm
- What: Vancouver’s largest film festival has returned for another year, and there are a plethora of amazing films to check out this weekend. Click here for more information.
- Where: Various venues.
- When: September 29 to October 14
- What: Step back into Vancouver’s past to learn the haunted history of the Gastown area. On this 90 minute walking tour you will learn about a town renown for its wild west legacy of drinking, gambling, and harsh justice in the form of hangings.
- Where: Angel Statue in front of Waterfront Station – 599 West Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, October 1; 7:30 to 9 pm
- What: This 1-hour workshop will help you explore ways to take care of yourself, replenish your energy, refill your heart with self-love, re-centre yourself, and have fun.
- Where: Rhodes Wellness College – #280 – 1125 Howe Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, October 1; 11 am to noon
- What: The Taiwanese Hakka Association introduces two dynamic episodes of a ground-breaking Chinese Restaurant series, Mauritius and Calcutta, by the award-winning filmmaking duo, producer/director Cheuk Kwan and cinematographer Kwoi Gin.
- Where: Taiwanese Cultural Centre – 8853 Selkirk Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, October 1; 10:30 am to 1 pm
Sunday, October 2
- What: This Sunday, head to Grandview Park where you will be able to find a plethora of free things at Vancouver’s Free Market. Whether you want to bring free advice, food, teach people how to ride a bike, or perform a skit, the Free Market is a welcoming space for anyone to do just that.
- When: Sunday, October 2 (and every second Sunday after this date)
- Where: Grandview Park- 1657 Charles St.
- Cost: Free (obviously)
- What: TRENDVancouver has arrived for the first time ever to fuse together boutique shopping with business and networking opportunities. Hosted by Fiona Forbes, the event will feature 35 West Coast boutique vendors paired with community leaders and mentorship services.
- Where: Yaletown Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, October 2; 11 am to 6 pm
- Tickets: $25. Click here for tickets.
Sunday Series at YEW: Bouillabaisse
- What: On Sunday, October 2, a limited number of guests will be able to enjoy Executive Chef Weimar Gomez’s first Sunday Series menu. The YEW culinary team is excited to showcase its take on a classic – Bouillabaisse. Guests will sit at a communal table, with a steaming pot of French inspired fish soup as the focal point.
- When: Sunday, October 2, 2016
- Where: YEW seafood + bar, 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver (at the Four Seasons)
- Tickets: $80; available online
- What: Two Arkaya Teachers, Melody as well as Shae will be teaching the first two hours of the class and the next two hours will be understanding the structure and going into the deeper principles and practice of Arkaya Yoga with Yogacharini Maitreyi.
- Where: 156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, October 2; 2:30 to 6:30 pm
- What: Cast members Nikolai Witschl, Brad Duffy, Travis Bernhardt, Chelsey Stuyt, and Max Tennessen spin stories filled with unexpected twists and macabre turns, all made up on the spot based on your suggestions
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, October 2; 9 to 10 pm
- What: Join Moksha Yoga Burnaby for round 3 of Yoga on Tap at Steamworks Brewery & Taproom where they will be practicing how to lead a balanced lifestyle and mindful drinking during a one-hour guided “brewga” session led by a Moksha Yoga Burnaby instructor.
- Where: Steamworks Taproom Burnaby – 3845 William Street, Burnaby
- When: Sunday, October 2; 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- What: Streetfight is a hilarious hour of head to head short form improv. Every week, ten of the funniest improvisers in town compete back and forth with short scenes vying for your laughter.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, October 2; 7:30 to 8:30 pm
- What: Working on a writing project? Spend the first Sunday afternoon of the month with the Ricepaper office. Bounce ideas off fellow writers, hone your craft, complete that masterpiece. Seize a role in shaping the next chapter of Asian diaspora storytelling.
- Where: 245 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, October 2; 1 to 5 pm