19 things to do in Vancouver this week
Dec 19 2017, 11:47 pm
Here are some of the top events to check out in Vancouver between June 22 and 26. For a complete list of events, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival
- What: The 30th annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival heats up summer in the city with one impeccable lineup.
- Where: Various locations – see website.
- When: Various times – see website. Festival runs June 18 to July 1
Free Outdoor Yoga
- What: Free yoga classes held at Kits Beach Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Kits Beach, between the swimming pool and tennis courts – Cornwall Ave. and Yew St., Vancouver
- When: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night until August 31, 2015; 7 to 8 p.m.
- What: The iconic Kitsilano Showboat is in its 80th season this year with four performance nights each week showcasing dance and costumes from around the world in front of the North Shore mountain’s scenic backdrop.
- Where: Kitsilano Beach – western end of park next to Kits Pool
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, June 22 to August 15; 7 p.m.
UBC Farm markets
- What: The Centre for Sustainable Food Systems operates the UBC Farm, and three weekly farm markets (June through October) on campus, providing students, faculty, and staff the chance to engage with the community and support local farming.
- Where: UBC Farm – 3461 Ross Drive (Tuesdays & Saturdays), UBC Bookstore – 6200 University Boulevard (Wednesdays)
- When: Tuesdays, 4 to 6 p.m. (June 9 to October), Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (June 10 to October)
FIFA Women’s World Cup Fan Zone Experience
- What: Head to the FIFA fan zone to catch matches from the Women’s World Cup on the big screen.
- Where: Larwill Park – 688 Cambie St., Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 23; 3 to 10 p.m.
FIFA Women’s World Cup: Japan vs. Netherlands
- What: Japan and the Netherlands face off at BC Place for the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Where: BC Place – 777 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 23; 7 p.m.
Make Music Vancouver
- What: All of Water Street is shut down and transformed into a big stage and dance floor for various musical artists. This is the fourth year of the festival locally, but it’s an international event that’s been taking place all over the world for 33 years.
- Where: Water Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 24; 5 to 10 p.m.
Main Street Station Farmers’ Market
- What: This market features vendors lined up on the east side of Thornton Park on the sidewalk along Station Street, within ideal reach on foot for bus and SkyTrain users. Take note of new hours for 2015.
- Where: 1100 Station St., Vancouver
- When: Wednesdays, 2 to 6 p.m.; June 3 to October 7, 2015
Oak Street Farmers’ Market
- What: This young South Vancouver market boasts all Certified Organic produce, meat, and eggs. It’s run by the Unitarian church, with a goal of connecting locals to their food and farmers.
- Where: Unitarian Church of Vancouver – Oak St. and West 49th Ave., Vancouver
- When: Wednesdays, 3 to 7 p.m.; June 3 to October 14, 2015
Harry Potter Trivia
- What: Back by popular demand for a second night!!! Join us for a magical evening where you can test your HP knowledge against other aspiring wizards at Sunset Grill in Kitsilano. Teams of up to six players will compete for the grand prize as well as bragging rights as Vancouver’s ultimate Potterheads.
- Where: Sunset Grill – 2204 York Ave., Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 24; 7:30 p.m.
“We’re All Pretty Bizarre” Art Exhibit
- What: An art exhibit based on the many movies of John Hughes, “We’re All Pretty Bizarre” promises an ’80s and ’90s throwback in the form of portraits and weird art!
- Where: Hot Art, Wet City art gallery – 2206 Main St., Vancouver
- When: June 4 to Saturday June 27. Gallery is open Wednesday to Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
Granville Island Farmers’ Market
- What: This cash-only market is steps from all the great food and vendors, and has been around for over 20 years.
- Where: Triangle Square, Granville Island – Vancouver
- When: Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; June 4 to late October 2015
Free Yoga at Dude Chilling Park
- What: Yoga instructor Solomon Montijo, along with ten other teachers, hosts free classes daily at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in Dude Chilling Park.
- Where: Dude Chilling Park – 2390 Brunswick St., Vancouver
- When: Daily; 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Yaletown Farmers’ Market
- What: A very urban market indeed, the pedestrian-friendly streets of Yaletown welcome vendors and farmers Thursday afternoons and evenings for a terrific food and shopping experience, right at the Yaletown-Roundhouse Canada Line station.
- Where: 1200 Mainland Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursdays, 2 to 6 p.m.; May 7 to October 29, 2015
Summer Nights at Front & Company
- What: Front & Company’s Summer Nights event is an annual 3-day shopping event that brings together local vendors with a night of mingling and shopping for the community, occurring on the last Thursday of June, July, and August.
- Where: Front & Company – 3772 Main St., Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 25; 7 to 9 p.m.
- What: The annual festival that takes place on Granville Street brings in diverse street performers from all over the world to entertain Vancouverites.
- Where: Granville Street between Dunsmuir and Nelson
- When: Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28
International Summer Night Market
- What: Each weekend over 20,000 visitors hit up this massive summertime night market in Richmond and experience the diverse array of booths, food and drink vendors, kids’ play area, and live entertainment.
- Where: 12631 Vulcan Way (behind Home Depot on Sweden Way), Richmond
- When: Friday, May 8 to September 27; Fridays and Saturdays 6 to 11 p.m. and Sundays 6 to 10 p.m.
Richmond Night Market
- What: Drawing crowds from all over Metro Vancouver, the Richmond Night Market is located within easy access of the Canada Line’s Bridgeport Station. Roam the aisles to find games, food, and all sorts of wares for sale. Late nighters take note, this is the only local night market open until midnight (Fridays and Saturdays).
- Where: 8351 River Rd. (nearby Bridgeport Station)
- When: May 15 to October 12, 2015; Fridays and Saturdays 7 p.m. to Midnight, Sundays and holiday Mondays 7 to 11 p.m.
Shipyards Night Market
- What: The Shipyards Night market features food trucks, live music, numerous vendors and a beer garden.
- Where: Shipbuilders’ Square – 138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
- When: May 1 to September 25; Fridays, 5 to 10 p.m.