FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
BUSINESS & TECH, COMMUNITY
Wed, January 20, 4:00pm
Science Fair Foundation of BC
Starts at $10.00
Wed, January 20, 7:30pm
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
Rejoice in the start of the long weekend. Here’s to turkey comas and time spent with family.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Friday, October 7.
- What: This is the last weekend of the city’s largest Oktoberfest celebration, which includes a theatrical keg tapping, and Marktplatz, plus the Stein Games and a Lippensynchron Battle. It’ll have you clinking your steins and cheering “Prost!”
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: From Friday, October 7, to Sunday, October 9
- Tickets: Available online, start at $25
- What: A special marathon of the cult show’s recent six-episode mini series introduced by none other than its creator, Chris Carter, as part of the Vancouver International Film Festival.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 7, at 9 pm
- Tickets: At VIFF, totally free.
- What: Vancouver’s local musicians and artists are coming together to show their support for Gord Downie, lead singer of the Tragically Hip. All proceeds to go to the Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research.
- Where: The Media Club – 695 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 7, doors at 8:30 pm, music at 9 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $10
- What: Fright Nights is returning for another year to Playland, to allow grown-ups to count down the days to Halloween. On the docket this year are 15 rides, two live shows, seven haunted houses, and 90 “monsters” roaming the grounds.
- Where: Playland – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 7 to Monday, October 31; various times
- Tickets: At Playland, $22-$39
- What: The 17th Annual Vancouver International Improv Festival returns to Granville Island with over 30 interactive performances, inspiring workshops, an opening night gala and more.
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: October 4-8
- Price: Tickets are $15-$18 online