Officials with Fraser Health confirmed today that a staff member at a long-term care home in Surrey has tested positive for coronavirus.
The care home, Cherington Place, is owned and operated by Belvedere Seniors Living, and enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site.
In a release, Fraser Health said a rapid response team is at the site and “communication with residents and families is underway.”
The staff member is currently in self-isolation at their home.
- See also:
Health officials are also working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
As part of its response, Fraser Health said it has also implemented the following:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care;
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility;
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted;
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- Twice-a-day screening of all staff and residents.
“During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at the site to take any further actions required and support the facility,” the health authority said.
This includes “dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.”