Throw on your favourite checkered shirt and channel your inner lumberjack because the 60th annual Squamish Days Logger Sports Festival is back this summer.
Taking place from Thursday, August 3 to Monday, August 7 in Squamish BC, the festival is ideal for a long weekend away, packed with fun and entertainment for all ages.
There will be two world-class Logger Sports Shows featuring participants from countries like Germany, the US, Switzerland, Australia, and of course Canada. They’ll all be competing for prestigious competition titles.
And it doesn’t stop at logger sports. You’ll be able to check out live country music, chili cook-off and kettle boil competitions, a parade, whacky bed races, an eight kilometre race, and an epic pancake breakfast. And of course, no epic event is complete without some delicious beverages, which is why the beer gardens are being sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon and Okanagan Springs.
The event showcases the rich heritage found in Squamish, as well as interesting logger sports events like tree climbing, speed bucking, axe throwing, obstacle pole bucking, tree topping, and much more. So it goes without saying that you’ll definitely be entertained throughout this five-day festival.
To celebrate, we’re giving one lucky Daily Hive reader the chance to attend the festival as part of an awesome prize worth $1,000. It could be you just by entering the contest below.
Enter for your chance to win the Daily Hive Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival experience (value $1,000). The prize includes the following:
1. Executive Suites Resort Squamish – 2 Night stay, Aug 5 and 6 (dates are not changeable)
2. Squamish Rafting on the Elaho River for 2
3. Forged Axe Throwing for 2
3. 2 x Tickets for Squamish Days Sunday World Class Loggers Sports Show
4. 2 x Squamish Days T-shirts
5. 2 x Vouchers for Squamish Days Sunday Pancake Breakfast
6. 2 x passes for Whistle Punk Hollow Mini Golfing
7. Sleeman’s & Pabst Blue Ribbon Gift Basket @pabstcanada @okanagansprings
8. Breakfast for 2 at Fergie’s Café
9. 2 x Passes for Sea to Sky Gondola
10. Raspberry Gin from Gillespie’s Fine Spirits
To enter for your chance to win the Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival experience as listed above, do at least one of the following:
1. Follow Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival on Instagram –@squamishdaysfestival and leave a comment below telling us once you have (1 entry)
2. Tweet the following and comment below once you have (1 entry):
- Win prize worth $1,000 for @squamishdays Annual Loggers Sports Festival via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/aRi030cKw8o RT to enter!
3. Like Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival on Facebook Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival and leave a comment below telling us once you have (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on July 4, 2017. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: August 3 – 7
Where: Squamish, BC
Price: For any events that have an entry fee you can pay on the day – cash only