Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Metro Vancouver as heavy winds are expected in the region beginning Friday afternoon.
The special weather statement is in effect for the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“A fast-moving deepening low pressure system is approaching the South Coast of BC Strong winds will affect coastal BC from midday Friday until Saturday morning,” said Environment Canada.
The weather agency says “strong southeast winds of 50 to 70 km/h” will impact “southern sections of Metro Vancouver and western sections of Lower Fraser Valley late Friday afternoon.”