With a song selection comprised of everything from a soft hit of Metallica to an upbeat tune featuring Justin Bieber, South Africa’s fireworks music for the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light resembled a giant crescendo.
This year, all three fireworks competitors are required to create a fireworks show theme of “Love.”
- South Africa kicks off the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light (PHOTOS)
- South Africa to launch Honda Celebration of Light's new slate of fireworks effects
Two more shows are scheduled; a team representing Sweden will take to the night skies on Wednesday, August 1, and then South Korea will close the 28th annual festival this Saturday, August 4.
Full video of Team South Africa’s show at the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light
1. “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica
2. “Let Her Go” by Passenger
3. “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry
4. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
5. “Let Me Love You” by DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber
6. “I Need Your Love” by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding
Daily Hive is a Proud Media Sponsor of the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light