Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- The Sun’s Mia Stainsby weighs in on The Mackenzie Room in Railtown. (Read our pre-opening feature on the lovely restaurant, too.)
- Spud.ca launches “carbon free delivery” aka they use bikes.
- A “make your own gin kit” you say? Sounds like a fun idea!
- Vancouver’s Foodster ran a fried chicken challenge, and the winners have been announced. Such a fun, eclectic mix on the local fried chix scene.
- Well, this is an awful statistic-slash-headline: “Contaminated Food Sickens 1 in 10 People Worldwide Each Year.”
- Montecristo checks in with Vancouver’s Miku restaurant, and how they’re keeping things fresh.
- Our biggest food stories this week: Where to find the best bowls of soup around town, Vij’s Cambie location is almost open, Timmies handed out freebies, we toured Pat Quinn’s in T-town, Kamei Royale is moving locations, and where to find the best hot chocolate in Vancouver.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
This set of cuteness overload may or may not be one of best gifts to receive for the holidays as a wise little bear taught me — It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?” pretty on point @cracklecreme check it out December 2nd 〰 chocolate hazelnut • matcha • lavender • rose • jasmine • black sesame
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.