Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Green thumbs in Kelowna got some thumbs up recently, including awards for winery landscaping, and restaurant patio landscaping.
- Today is the first day of the two-day Great Canadian Beer Festival in beautiful Victoria. Plenty of Vancouver and B.C. brewers will be represented.
- Canadian kiosk treat vendor BeaverTails has big plans to get more of the global market in their paws.
- While we’ve been crunching on some of the contenders for new Lays potato chip flavours, there are so many other weird and wacky chips around the globe. How many have these 40 selected by Food Network Canada have you tried?
- Poets, you have a few days left to pen your ode to farmers as part of Farmers Appreciation Week.
- Vancouver Foodster helps out with a terrific Jewish New Year Eating Guide. L’Shana Tova!
- Our top food stories this week: The restaurant at Vancouver’s first Nordstrom is pretty spectacular, cucumbers were recalled in B.C., ZEND Conscious Lounge serves up plant-based foods, and Vancouver’s celebrated chef David Hawksworth will find his cuisine soaring to new heights.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.