Nowadays, everyone has an idea.
And whether your startup sells selfie lights or sources secondhand clothes, you share something special in common with other entrepreneurs.
And that’s the desire to grow. To be liked. To generate revenue and to add something new to the market. But one of the main challenges is that many startups lack an identity that people relate to, and that means it’s difficult to gain traction and move in the right direction.
That’s where branding comes in.
With solid branding and a website, you can make major milestones with your startup that you’ve never imagined. But it’s not easy to do it alone, especially if you don’t have the expertise.
Luckily, you can enter a contest that will completely elevate your brand and give you a new verbal and visual identity – Brand Prize. Created by digital branding agency Skyrocket, the annual contest gives startups the help they need to succeed in business.
This year, Skyrocket has teamed up with design and technology school, RED Academy, to create the ultimate Brand Prize. With RED’s involvement, the prize doubles in value, adds a branded website into the mix, and takes the contest to a new level. Yes, seriously.
So, you can win an entire brand system and website just by entering this contest. We’ve compiled a list of everything you need to know if you’d like to compete for the Brand Prize. Applications are being accepted until Friday, July 14.
Who can apply
Any startup in North America can apply to win the Brand Prize. If you meet this criteria, you’re all set to apply:
- If you have commitment to innovation, expressed through a product or service.
- If your product has a market fit, seen in the ability to attract the target audience.
- Bonus points if your startup has the above and a killer social impact component.
How to apply
It’s free to apply. And it’s incredibly easy.
- Take five minutes to fill in the submission form online.
- Receive a simple five-question application to answer, spellcheck and send.
- Polish your elevator pitch to a healthy shine as you prepare for a video call while organizers debate the top five candidates announced on July 28.
- Wait for the results and find out if you’re the winner on August 7
The process if you win
- August 14 – Branding work begins
- September 25 – Branding wrapped up
- October 13 – Web work begins
- December 2017 – Website completed
This contest is being run in accordance with Skyrocket and RED Academy’s own terms and conditions.