A Canadian clothing brand has unveiled a T-shirt honouring the country’s top female doctors and their collective efforts against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The “Our Moment in Time” shirt was created by Silver Icing, a Vancouver-based clothing and lifestyle brand. The tee “was created as a shout out to seven women doctors who emerged early as part of the leading authority guiding the Canadian people through this pandemic,” reads the company website.
- See also:
“During this defining moment in time, these trailblazing females are creating a space that will help shape the future of our country and the world around us.”
The T-shirt comes in several colours and is available in adult and youth sizes. The last names of the following doctors are printed on the shirt:
- Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, BC Provincial Health Officer
- Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Eileen de Villa, Toronto Medical Officer of Health
- Dr. Jennifer Russell, New Brunswick Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Heather Morrison, PEI Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Kami Kandola, Northwest Territories Chief Public Health Officer
The company says that 100% of net proceeds are being donated to Conquer COVID-19, a grassroots organization helping source personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontline workers.
Pre-orders for the shirt opened on Friday, April 17, and as of Monday, the company says more than $32,000 has been raised.