Police are warning the public that a convicted sex offender, John Ambrose Seward, will be residing in Vancouver, and that he poses a significant risk to women in the community.
Seward, 33, is currently serving a 10-year Long Term Supervision Order for convictions of sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon and aggravated assault.
- See also:
Seward is Indigenous, five-feet-eight inches tall, and has a medium build. He has short black hair and brown eyes. He has “MS” tattooed on his left hand, flames on his left forearm, and a cross on his right forearm.
Police said that while living in the community, Seward must comply with the following conditions:
- He cannot consume, purchase or possess alcohol
- He cannot consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication
- He cannot associate with any person believed to be involved in criminal activity or substance misuse
- He must immediately report all contacts with females to his parole supervisor
- He cannot go to Central Vancouver Island (Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville)
- He cannot be in, near, or around any park
- He must reside at a Community Correctional Centre, a Community Residential Facility or other residential facility
Anyone who witnesses John Seward in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 911.