Environment Canada has issued a second special weather statement in as many days for parts of Metro Vancouver as Arctic air descends upon the region.
The alert was posted early Sunday morning, and is in effect for several areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
Environment Canada warns that temperatures in the Interior will be 10 to 20 degrees below the seasonal average. In coastal areas, temperatures will be five to 10 degrees below average.
The chill is being brought in by cold Arctic air, which is currently pushing south across the Interior and towards the coast.