Finding an exciting, awe-inspiring gift for adventurous, outdoorsy friends and family can be hard, but Sea To Sky Air in Squamish has just what you need to solve this problem this holiday season.
Here’s five reasons why their Introductory Flight Experience ($199 + tax) is the perfect gift for the adventurous person in your life. And keep reading, because we’re giving a lucky Vancity Buzz reader a chance to win ultimate experience.
1. Adventurous people value experiences not things
It has been suggested that “we are the sum total of our experiences”, and adventurous people know this all too well. They know that it only takes one experience to change the way you see the world, and charting your own course through the towering coast mountains at 3500ft is something that is likely to change your perspective forever.
2. Adventurous people have a strong desire to explore
Adventurous personalities get a kick out of learning new skills that can take them higher, further, and deeper into the wilderness. Pilots on the Introductory Flight Experience will be taught the basics of flight, the know-how for flying in the coast mountains, and even take over the controls for mid-air banks and turns.
3. Adventurers actively seek to test themselves against their fears
We all like to think we can conquer our fears. But if you’re really honest, the thought of being a first-time pilot in control of an aircraft probably terrifies you. But not adventurers. For this special breed, the Sea to Sky Air’s Introductory Flight Experience is perfect. Pitting two of human nature’s most common fears against each other – a fear of heights and a fear of situations that are hard to escape – piloting their own plane in the mountains will be a rush that’s hard to beat.
4. An adventurer sees it as their responsibility to take control of the experiences they have
Being handed the controls to a Cessna aircraft while flying 3500 feet above the Howe Sound is the very definition of “taking control”. True adventurers seize the day, and know that every great thing in life sits right at the edge of their comfort zone.
5. Adventurers are gifted in the art of persuading others to join them
The road less travelled is best travelled with friends, and adventurous people understand that experiences connect us more than things. As the pilot on the Introductory Flight Experience they can bring along two other adventurous passengers to share the cockpit with them and the flight instructor.
Do you want to win an Introductory Flight Experience for someone special this christmas?
One lucky adventurer will win an Introductory Flight Experience from the Sea To Sky base in Squamish. The prize includes one gift card for the Introductory Flight Experience for 1 pilot and two passengers. Winner must call STSA to book a minimum of 7 days in advance.
To enter to win, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a piloting experience around #Squamish with @seatoskyair via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/VMsnK RT to enter!
2. Like Sea To Sky Air on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Leave a comment below telling us who you’d take with you. (1 entry)
4. Follow Sea To Sky Air on Twitter. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
5. Follow Sea To Sky Air on Instagram. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 a.m. PST on December 21, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.